RF defrosting /tempering enables rapid in-line thawing of plant and dairy products on an industrial scale in minutes with minimal drip (product) loss. (Typical defrost times are 15 to 20 minutes). The Stalam RF Defroster is ideal for commercial defrosting of all types of foodstuffs including fruit, fruit juices, vegetables, vegan protein and dairy products either in blocks, IQF, bags, crates, boxes or as naked product. This fast, uniform and controlled heating method offers great flexibility in factory production scheduling and is an excellent solution for many tempering, softening and defrosting processes. The Stalam RF tempering units are available in a number of sizes enabling thawing capacities from 300kg to 12 tons of product per hour.
Rapid RF Tempering/Thawing - Plant & Dairy
- faster thawing times enabling in line ‘just in time’ processing rather than batch processing;
- lower bacterial growth (in the traditional slow defrosting process there is a considerable opportunity for bacteria growth in the product)
- lower drip losses
- Radio Frequency at 27.12 MHz.
- Construction in AISI 304 & 316 stainless steel submitted to anticorrosion treatments
(passivation, pickling) and shot-peening finish.
- Protection level IP65: the external protection boxes of the RF generator are made of insulating
sandwich-type panels with sheeting and bearing frame in AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Wide conveyor belt (up to 1800 cm) made of certified food-grade rigid polyethylene modules or solid-surface reinforced polyester, depending on the product to be processed.
- Built-in conveyor belt & tunnel washing facilities and full internal access for cleaning through the multiple side panel doors.
- PLC control system for multiple product recipes.
- Modular Construction: STALAM RF defrosters are available in module sizes from 3 kW to 105 kW. Multiple modules can be combined to increase the production capacity.